Black Raspberry and Purple Kale Smoothie - An Anthocyanin Rich Treat November 01 2016, 1 Comment
Anthocyanins provide the beautiful array of colors we see in autumn leaves, and certain types also happen to be the powerful antioxidants that researchers believe may keep our cells working like they should. As you can see below, black raspberries are full of these amazing molecules:
Black Raspberry and Purple Kale Smoothie
We love to find creative ways to add vegetables to smoothies. In this case, purple kale not only adds healthy fiber to a tasty snack, but it also contains anthocyanins which gives the leafy veggie it's signature dark-purple look. Try it out!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons BerriHealth's Black Raspberry Powder or 1 tsp Black Raspberry Extract
- 2 dates
- a handful or so of purple kale with stems removed
- 1 banana fresh or frozen in slices or chunks
- 5 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup orange juice (a total of 1 cup of orange juice)
- Place the ingredients in a blender in the order listed.
- Start on low speed and increase to high until your drink is smooth and delicious.
This recipe is easy to change to fit your tastes. A little more kale, a different juice or try some almond milk instead. Let your imagination guide you and enjoy your creation!