No-Bake Healthy Chocolate Black Raspberry Brownies August 25 2022, 0 Comments
If you are looking for a healthy, delicious snack that will help you power through busy days, this recipe is for you.
These brownies use no flour, have no added sugars, and are vegan. Best of all, there is no need to turn on the oven and heat up your house making these delicious and healthy treats. No baking required!
Black Raspberry No-Bake Date Brownies
Ingredients (makes around 9 brownies):
- 1 ⅓ cups dates, pits removed
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Around ½ cup black raspberry powder, not packed (If cut into 9 squares, this is one serving per square)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ cup almond or peanut butter
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped nuts
Note: If you are having trouble mixing, try mixing one half at a time, or using less black raspberry powder!
In a food processor:
- Add dates and nuts and pulse a few times before processing until finely ground.
- Add the cocoa powder and black raspberry powder and pulse until the powders are completely incorporated into the brownie mixture.
- Add almond or peanut butter and applesauce and mix until the mixture comes together.
Line the bottom of an 8x8" baking pan with parchment paper (it makes the brownies easier to take out!) and press the brownie mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. Sprinkle the top of the brownies with chopped nuts, pressing the nuts lightly into the brownies. Cover and place the brownies in the fridge for at least one hour before cutting into squares and serving.
Tips and notes:
- Because this is a no-bake recipe, the mixture gets thick and put our blender to the test. The recipe worked much better when using a food processor.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water or applesauce.
- You can always get creative with the toppings! We like adding some flake salt on top of our brownies in addition to the chopped nuts.
- This recipe was sent in by a customer, Scott M., who adapted it from Dr. Gregor's recipe which can be found here: https://nutritionfacts.org/recipe/fudgy-no-bake-brownies/